Sunday, November 30, 2008

Education Philosophy Movie

Wow!  Do you remember staying up late to read books as a kid?  Under the blanket with a flashlight maybe?  "Sneaking" in just a little bit more?  I know I'm not the only one.  This project was like that--stealing time from other things I should have been doing because I wanted to work on this project, "just at little bit more."  It's not even due for another week, but I couldn't stop myself from working on it.

What is this project?  I'm glad you asked.  I have created a movie that sums up my personal Philosophy of Education.  It's short--about 90 seconds or so, and consists of all still photographs arranged a la Ken Burns (camera pans/zooms over still photographs).  Intro title and trailing credits, soundtrack, and a personalized voice-over make this a full-fledged movie project.  I created it on a Mac using iMovie.  I've never tried the PC software, but I have to say that the Mac software was easy to use and well integrated. 

 But enough talk--watch my movie!  I'm quite proud of it.

No comments: